ASSET MANAGEMENT IN HISTORIC BUILDINGS CONSERVATION: CASE OFBRAGA AREABANDUNG
This paper explore the initial possibility of asset management in managing assets governed by the local government. In this research, historic building assets conservation is treated as a model in implementing asset management. Asset management model is implemented in many places in managing infrastructure network, but has never been implemented in historic building management in Indonesia. Quite different than any other modeling in general, the case for historic building should iteratively relate to the characteristics and issues of historic buildings and any management opportunities that can be done by the government as the responsible party in managing historic buildings. Asset management implementation in this research initiated with identifications of related attributes of the historic building assets based on available and applicable management possibilities. This paper shall not explore the detail exposition of each attributes found, but the approach that is implemented through asset management which shows comprehensive understanding on this issue of historic building management.
The effort of understanding the issues and types of management that is possible in historic building that then may give rise to the identification attributes of this issue that shall be the start of asset management implementation for historical buildings based on information system. It is also understood that this study may be further developed especially in drilling down the attributes used prior to asset management model implementation.
- Akbar, Roos & I Ketut Wijaya (2008). Manajemen aset: Upaya pelestarian bangunan bersejarah di Kota Bandung, Jurnal Perencanaan Wilayah dan Kota, Volume 19, 1st edition.
- Budiharjo, Eko (1992). Arsitektur dan Kota di Indonesia. Alumni, Bandung.
- Catanese, Anthony J. & James C. Snyder (1979). Introduction to Urban Planning. McGraw-Hill. Inc., United States of America.
- Catanese, Anthony J. & James C. Snyder (1988). Perencanaan Kota. Erlangga, Jakarta.
- Fitch, James Marston (1982). Historic Preservation. McGraw-Hill Inc., United States of America Griffith University, Office of Facilities Management, Strategic asset management plan, web reference - http://
- Kombaitan, Benedictus (2009). Land Asset Management In Indonesia. ITB, Bandung.
- Lemer, A. C. (2002). Progress toward integrated infrastructure-asset- management system, GIS and Beyond, available at http://www.nrc.ca/uir/apwa, accessed at 21 Maret 2009.
- Rachmiyati, Irma.(2006). Arahan Fungsi dan Kegiatan Bangunan Tua/Bersejarah di Kawasan Pusat Kota Bandung, Tugas Akhir, Jurusan Teknik Planologi Bandung, ITB.
- Siregar, Doli D. (2004). Manajemen Aset. PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.
- Soediono, David B. (2007). Jalan Braga. Available at http://www.bandungheritage.org, accessed at 8 Juni 2009.
- The Government of Bandung Municipality (2003). Building and Environment Arrangement Plan, Braga Strategic Area and its Surrounding
- The Government of Bandung Municipality (2003). Regional Spatial Planning, Bandung City 2003-2010.
- The Government of Bandung Municipality (2008). Draft of Regional Regulations of Bandung Municipality concerning Management of Cultural Heritage Area and Buildings.
- The Government of Bandung Municipality (2010). Detailed Spatial Planning, Cibeunying Area - Bandung
- The Government of Republic Indonesia (1992). Law No 5: Cultural Heritage Objects.
- Vanier, D. J. (2000). Advanced Asset Management: Tools and Techniques. Available at http://www.nrc.ca/irc/uir/apwa, accessed at 21 Maret 2009.